Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm Still Reeling....

So.... About a week and a half ago, I was visiting my parents... as I like to do. My mom was in the other room on the phone, and I got to talking to my dad, which is something that rarely happens. We got onto the topic of my biological mother. I told my dad that I didn't want him or my mom to think that I didn't love them or see them as my parents, but I have questions! To my surprise, my dad was very supportive. He agreed with me! This was one of the first time in a while that my dad and I had a serious, deep conversation. He's a joker :P

Anyways, when my mom came back into the room, she joined the conversation, and gave me the shocker of a lifetime. She knows the name of my birth mom! It was insane. And something unexpected happened when she gave me the name; I broke down crying. I was sobbing. And my parents were right there with me. That's the way it's supposed to be. Finding the woman who gave me life with the support from the people who've helped make my life.

Well, since then, I've done a little digging. But Tawnya Smith isn't a super unique name! I can't find her yet, but you never know..... And I want to thank my parents. They are amazing people and I have an amazing family :D I wouldn't trade them for anything. The Widmer Family IS my family, and I'm just looking to answer some questions. Wish me luck!!


PS- Thanks also to Kara, who's an adoptee and a birth mom, and her birth mom, Jeannette. You guys have helped a lot! Thanks! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. My pleasure! Anything for a friend! Everyone deserves to know where they genetically came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to following your journey to find your first mother. Please make sure to come back and share your ups and downs. I am *so* very grateful that your parents are supportive of your finding your first family.

    May you find her quickly -

    Melynda

    ReplyDelete