Saturday, January 29, 2011

We'll See What Happens....

It's been a weird couple of weeks. I have had some great ups and some awful downs. I want to write this post on the topic of one of the lows. I was in my bathroom the other day, putting on my makeup and picking out my favorite accessory.... EARRINGS. Aside from my enthusiasm on that last part, I stopped and looked at myself. I realized that I have SO much that needs changing. I was becoming someone I swore I would never become. I had a good cry, pouted for a little while, and decided to not let it really get to me. But I made a promise to myself. I am going to change things. No excuses. No apologies. I am done hating what I look like and doing nothing about it. There's a lot to offer underneath it all!

So that day, almost a week ago, I decided to start a much needed process of change. No more soda. No more fast food. VERY limited amounts of sugar. So far, I have caved once with a cup of soda, twice with a run to a fast food joint, and almost every day with sugar. I know, I suck. But I'm not going to give up. I want to lose sixty pounds by May, and one hundred and ten pounds by the end of the year. And I have a lot of support, but I know I have to do it on my own. I hope I can. I know it will help my opinion of myself immensely. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Take Luck! ;) Darn right there is someone underneath it all worth knowing! You can do anything you set your mind and heart too. Keep trying Jazzy and start slow by making reasonable steps. Quiting cold turkey is too hard. Start slow. Walk places instead of drive and have your roomate cook more often for ya! You can do it! Love ya bunches.

    ReplyDelete