Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Motto? Theme? Life Goal? All of the Above :D

I use the saying Live, Laugh, Love a lot. When I see people with a tattoo or a bracelet or T-shirt bearing that phrase, I can't help but speak up and compliment them on their choice. I'd like to explain.

If I've learned anything in the last couple of years, it's that life is too short. Period. It can end in an instant. So make the most of it!

LIVE- I always want to live my life without regrets. So far.... well, in that last year, I've had no regrets! YIPPEE! Oh wait.... there was the drunken party with Liz..... KIDDING! (Although I would've loved to see Liz <3) Moving on... I always want to live my life to the fullest! I need to add more to my bucket list, but so far, I've paid off a car, gotten my own place, paid for a semester of school at the U, worked almost a year and half at an amazing job, written more songs, fallen in love (with crocheting!), deepened my friendships, made new friends, and overall, strengthened my relationship with my family. I have absolutely no regrets there! 

LAUGH- I've needed to laugh a lot as of late. While I try to live life with no regrets, I can't always succeed in my own life, or influence the lives of others. But I don't think I can ever live long enough in this life to have my fill of laughter. There's too little time to be sad! I can understand some tears. A sad ending to a movie, a funeral, the death of Heath Ledger, but besides that? Laugh! Smile! It could brighten someone elses day. I know that for myself, nothing makes me more joyful than to see my darling little sisters dance around with each other, laughing until they're blue in the face. Without laughter, life would be so very difficult.

LOVE- This is the most important word of the trio. While I have yet to fall in love with my Prince Charming, Mr. Fantastic, or Superman, I have definitely reaped many benefits of loving my family this year. Love is so crucial to our existence! Sure, we can live, but without love, there would be regrets, and we could laugh, but I don't think there would be much joy. To love IS to live, and to laugh.

So there you have it. My motto. My goal in life. Perhaps, once you realize how short and precious our lives here truly are, you will follow my example. To Live without regrets, Laugh nonstop, and Love unconditionally.

Live.Laugh.Love

3 comments:

  1. LIKE! Especially that drunken party ;) lol. I like it--its a good motto! I've just never considered it before cuz I was sick of seeing it on cards! But next time I'll see it and smile. BTW your bucket list is CRAZY! Bunjee jumping??? You dog! lol I need to do one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written, and well said. I completly agree. Life is too short- so might as well make the most of it. P.s I can't wait WAIT to hear your new songs! Is one of them from Mom's play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, Jazzy. I sure do love your voicing. I can honestly hear you speaking ... you are such a talented writer. I completely agree too that I life is too short to stress over the little things. just do your best, and everything else will work out just fine. Thank you for the great reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete