Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'll Be Leaving My Heart in San Fransisco- Day 3

Yesterday..... Was AMAZZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!


Allysa was a wittle sweepyhead and slept in until about noon, so I lounged around for most of the morning. We went through the now routine process of getting ready, and headed out the door to Fremont at about 2. I have gotten the swing of using BART, and I love riding the train. Allysa and I love people watching on the train too. We pulled into Embarcadero Station around 3:00, and again, my heart skipped a couple beats. I know it's totally cheesy, but coming up the escalator onto Market Street, surroun;ded by street vendors, and shadowed by skyscrapers, I fell in love all over again. That's all I'll say about it. Haha.

Llysa and I walked around the indoor marketplace on Embarcadero and Market. There were pastry shops, artisan cheese stands, meat markets, organic grocery shops, all stuffed into one building. So much fun. Allysa couldn't have most of the stuff there, due to food allergies, so we went to the Plant Cafe Organic. She got some nassstttyyy drink,(What can I say? Organic and I have never seen eye to eye...) and some banana bread that didn't taste half bad.

We were able to meet up with Liz and Teran for a little bit, and found them attempting to donate to an organization.... but the guy wouldn't shut up! It was kind of funny to watch. We walked with them to their car, and said adios as they left to go see Harry Potter (Ooohhh the jealousy!).

Allysa and I headed to Pier 39, just enjoying the weather.... well, I don't know if Llysa was.... and I was very surprised and happy to meet up with our other friend Stephanie! Who would've though we'd all see each other in San Fran, since we all met in Utah! Haha. The rest of the evening was spent shopping around Pier 39, and around all the other shops along the bay. We got super hyper, and I swear we were going to get kicked out of the Ghirardelli store, where I bought my daddy some chocolate. We loved dancing to all the music the street musicians played, and watching the various street artists. We were watching one of those groups that can paint incredible pictures in minutes using spraypaint, and Steph and Llysa got free paintings for dancing with the artists. It was awesome! We said goodbye to Steph, and I was sad to see the evening winding down.

I was able to get all my souvenir shopping done for my family and Shay Shay (Bryson included!). I got a yummy crepe at Pier 39, and we watched a cool fire dancer, then Allysa and I headed back to the train station. The night was really cold, but it was awesome to see that the city was still alive. True, there weren't as many people, but in Salt Lake, shops wouldn't be open at 11 at night. No way. Allysa and I were even more tired than we had been on Wednesday, and we didn't say much. We just did more people watching on the train. When we got home, Allysa Skyped with her boyfriend, and I pretty much passed out.

I really hope that someday I can move here. I'd love to live in the heart of San Fransisco.... but I'll do what I can afford. Today Llysa and I are spending the day in Santa Cruz, and from the way Llysa talks about it.... I can't wait!!!!! Tomorrow I head home :( I won't think about that now. I'm just going to enjoy today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment