Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Growing Up

I love the movie Peter Pan. I used to dream as a kid that I would never have to become a grown up. Life as a permanent kid would be awesome! Cartoons, dolls, playing with friends, mediocre school work that involved blocks and treats, and Mom cooking every day. *Sigh* That would be the life.... Ha.

Growing up is hard. It's hard to go to work every day. It's hard to go through challenging coursework knowing you'll just graduate to get a job and work some more. It can be difficult being on your own, cooking, cleaning, and bringing home the bacon.... But wait.

I'm on my way to being something great! I love my job. The ladies I assist are the greatest, I have a great boss and fun coworkers. I have my own car that I paid for, an apartment that I've fully furnished by myself. I live with my best friend. I'm going to school to work in something I love. MUSIC. Maybe growing up isn't so bad :-)

But it isn't all about work and school and being in your own. In the past year, I've learned so much. Like picking my battles. I think I'm realizing what's worth fighting for and what's not. When to hold on and when to let go. There's been times where choosing to let go has ripped me apart, but I knew it was the right thing to do. And there's been times where holding on has blessed me.

I want to be the best I can be, and I know there are still changes to be made. I am going to be a good grown up :-P I've learned so many lessons. I'm going to keep my mouth shut about others. I'm not in high school. If I need to vent, it will only be to my various "mothers." They're good at listening, and I'm pretty sure it's not passed on. Others turned me into a gossiper... And that's not who I want to be. So no more.

I'm going to rely on my family (close friends count here too) for love and support. They will always be there for me, I see that now. I love them with all my heart.

Everyone deserves to have all the happiness in the world, and I'm going to find mine, work for it, and keep it.

Cheers to growing up :-D

Live.Laugh.Love

2 comments:

  1. I hope I'm a 'close friend' lol or else I'm screwed jk. Love you Jazz & love your blog!!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you're funny... and a dork :P Of course you are!

    ReplyDelete