Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Lullaby

I've made progress in the last couple of weeks. In different ways. I've discovered I'm a two steps forward, one step back, kind of girl. I like to keep the journey interesting... and by interesting, I mean difficult and slow. I'll probably pass out over the finish line some day. #truestory

I'm eating healthy for breakfast now! I take a jar of steel cut oats, fruit, chia seeds, and almond milk to work with me every morning. And I love to eat it! For lunch at work, I'd say I'm about 70/30 on eating healthy. I have a bunch of chicken frozen that I can cook to go on top of salads. I still struggle to stay away from soda during the day.... I've caved 2 of the last 4 days. I'm working on it though! Dinner.................. I'm just not going to talk about it. 0 effort there.

My biggest obstacle that I've yet to attempt to beat is pure laziness. In order to succeed, I have to set a strict schedule for myself that would resemble something like this:

5:30 AM - WAKE UP - GET DRESSED
5:45 AM - AT THE PARK (WALKING FOR 40-45 MINUTES)
6:45 AM - HOME TO SHOWER
7:15-8:15 - GET READY - (like actually do my hair - scary thought, I know)
8:15 - HEAD TO WORK
8:30-5:00- WORK (with prepped breakfast, snacks, and lunch)
5:30 - DINNER (healthy!)
6:00-8:00 - HOMEWORK (the struggle is REAL)
8:15-9:45 - DRIVE (or edit photos, whichever is on the agenda)
10:00 - BED (as in sleep)

What my schedule looks like now:

5:30 - ALARM GOES OFF (turn it off, roll over)
8:00 - WAKE UP (throw clothes on, hair in bun, no makeup)
8:45 - LEAVE FOR WORK (hope there's no traffic and I'm on time)
9:00-5:00- WORK (while going to lunch and sometimes breakfast)
5:30 - HOME FOR DINNER (sometimes in the fridge or food I grabbed on the way home)
6:00-10:00- VIDEO GAMES, MOVIES, TV
10:30 - IN BED (not sleeping)
12:00 - SLEEPING (idiot)

And I wonder why I'm always in the same rut... Oh wait, no I don't.That is an inactive, lazy lifestyle. And I need to fight my own bad habits and beat it!!!

So, my goal for this next week, now that I've mastered breakfast, is GETTING TO BED ON TIME. 10:30 at the latest!! And I'll add on a firm commitment to the salad lunch routine at work. Wish me luck!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment